As UK’s number one independent materials handling business, on-time, efficient and safe deliveries are crucial to Carrylift. Often delivering to clients in Greater London, the Carrylift Kent depot required a very versatile truck and the Sterling beavertail plant body was the obvious choice.
Many materials handling companies that supply forklifts, reach trucks, bendi-trucks etc. have common issues with transport and delivery as these machines typically have small smooth wheels, low ground-clearance and high point-loading.
As Group Projects Manager for Carrylift, Sean Roberts commented that ‘it is extremely important that all our transporters withstand the demands of regular moving such a fleet.’ Sterling ethos is one of fulfilling the clients needs with a truck that is tailored exactly to their requirements, exactly what Carrylift needed.
Carrylift’s driver Steve commented “it’s so much easier loading on this truck than my last one and it feels much safer.” This is due to several factors:
- Sterling’s double-breakpoint (or double crank) beavertail coupled with the Sterling double-flip ramp not only gives a fantastic loading angle but grinding out is vastly reduced due to the low initial point of impact and the shallow breakpoints.
- The Sterling composite gridlock fitted to the ramp and slope gives much improved grip.
- Sterling’s extensive use of high-tensile steels, closer cross-member spacing and intensive training for our fabricators all combine to give the strength and point-loading necessary.
- Sterling’s unique build design means that there is a minimal gap between the ramp and rear crossmember which is important when loading machines with small, smooth wheels.
- With the jacklegs right up against the rear-crossmember, the ramp hinge-point is fully supported giving safer loading.
The DAF CF 26T looks fantastic with the body and cab both finished in metallic silver which is complemented well by galvanised ramp and headboard.
Sterling portrayed a professionalism and a keen eye for detail. I knew we were in good hands as they demonstrated high levels of innovation and expertise from our very first meeting with them.
Commenting on the service Carrylift received from Sterling, Sean said, “Sterling were recommended to us by our truck supplier and I have to say I was not disappointed. Sterling portrayed a professionalism and a keen eye for detail. I knew we were in good hands as they demonstrated high levels of innovation and expertise from our very first meeting with them.’
One of unique benefits of using Sterling is a standard lead time of 8 weeks with outstanding quality. Sean continued, “The target delivery date was achieved and the finished product was exactly as I had hoped it would be. I would have no hesitation in using Sterling’s services again in the future.”
Grant Owen, Sterling’s Account Manager for Carrylift commented, “Many forklift companies have Sterling beavertail bodies in their fleet now. It is especially exciting to be endorsed by Carrylift who are such a big player in this growing market.”